Skip to main content

15 minutes of fame......well 2 minutes

This week Bristol TV came to interview me about my 24 hour running challenge, the experience was a positive one. Although, having to slowly do my shoe lace up, pretend to have a conversation and drink from a water bottle are all things that become incredible hard when there is a camera filming you. It is safe to say a career in TV is not for me! I have posted the link here so you can have a watch. The main thing is that they have help spread the word about my campaign and I am very grateful to them, hopefully we can work with them after I have completed my 24 hour running challenge to provide an update on how it went.

More donations have come in this week, thank you again to everyone that has donated. If you haven't yet donated please follow the link here to my Virgin Money Giving page, honestly even a pound will help as it all goes to the charity Jessie May who provide respite and bereavement support to families of children who are terminally ill.  

Tuesday 19th February  
This morning the weather was lovely and my training program said it would be a gentle 40 minute run. So naturally I absolutely went for it! I was feeling fresh after the recovery week, my cold has gone and I had my music blaring. I recorded my quickest average pace so far, which was 8.16 minute/miles and I ran 4.84 miles. When I finished I almost coughed my lungs up, maybe my cold hasn't completely gone.




Thursday 21st February 
Today it was threshold training, I really struggled today with tired legs. This might have something to do with my run on Tuesday and thinking I could sprint for 40 minutes. My legs felt really heavy and I know I said I wouldn't mention it but you guessed it.........my calf muscles were hurting! I feel this is going to be a theme throughout this blog of me moaning about my painful calf muscles. I covered 5.63 miles in 54 minutes at an average pace of 9.36 minute/miles. I had David Tennant's podcast on today and his guessed was Sir Ian Mckellen, if you don't know who this is you will definitely know who Gandalf and Magneto are, he played them. He is a very interesting man and this episode is worth a listen.

I didn't run this Saturday, my excuse is that I had a few to many lemonades at the pub and a very late night on Friday as it was a friends birthday. I really must get to a Parkrun next week, I plan to run the one at the Severn bridge. If anyone is going and see me stop and say hi. 

Sunday 24th February
The end of the week means one thing from now on..........long runs! Today it was 14 miles and my dad was joining me, he normal runs with me on Sundays. It was good to be running with someone as it does become a bit boring running on your own. We set off from the Downs and had planned a route back to Lyde Green. My legs were feeling good and I was looking forward to getting into a long run. At 10 miles dad's legs were starting to get tired, I was still feeling good so pushed on. He was in agreement, I didn't just run off and leave him behind. I did 14 miles in 2 hours and 31 mins at an average pace of 10.48 minute/miles. Dad finished his 14 miles in 2 hours 49 minutes at an average pace of 12.01 minute/miles.





New for this week is that I have set up a Strava account this means you can track all my runs. I know another thing to follow me on but this will be the last one as I can't keep up with it all. please give me a follow and support me on my runs. you can see all my runs here. Don't forget you can also support me by following me on Instagram, here I post daily about everything running. It really does spur me on when I see how you all are supporting me, I will be out and about on Sundays wearing my Jessie May purple running vest. If you see me give me a beep if your in your car, shout out or a wave!

Hope you all have a good week, take care 

Steve

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind, rain and an app, oh and of course some running!

This week we launched my campaign which is called The Difference a Day Makes. I can not believe the interest it has already attracted, I have booked in to be on Bradley Stoke radio, there has been an article published in the Bristol Evening Post, Bristol TV want to film an interview with me and lots of you have started to donate. I would like to thank each and every person that has donated. I am away on holiday  in Bude writing this and having to use my phone as the laptop can't connect to the internet on the resort that I am staying in.  Tuesday 5th February  Today was a interval training morning, I ran for 55 minutes and covered 5.66 mile at 9.43 minutes/mile. I struggle alot with runners belly (I will let you look that one up for yourselves!) When I do interval or sprint training and this morning was no difference. If anyone has a way of stopping this please leave a comment and let me know. I was listening to one of my podcast today and I have come up with an idea for a new a

It's almost here and Introducing Georgia

Hi everyone! hope you are all well? Sorry that I have not posted in a while but My family have been through an extremely tough time but don't worry I shall be on that start line in 9 days. This will be my last post before the run and I can't believe how fast this has come around but there is no going back now. I  need to get my butt in gear and start packing my stuff. I will be sending out reminders on my Instagram all next week but just so you are all aware I will be doing a little video after every lap on my Instagram story to keep you all up to date with my progress and how I am feeling. If you don't current follow me on Instagram please search jm_running_nurse and hit the follow button.     Donations over the last week or so has been slowly coming in, The Difference a Day Makes fundraiser total now stands at £1438.44. We are 47% of the way to are target of £3000, it would be amazing to make it to 50% before I start my run. You can do your bit to help me by sha