Skip to main content

Storms, Targets and Intervals

Hi everyone hope you are all ok,

I have started to get a bit nervous writing this blog now as I know that people actually read it and not like when I first started. Last weeks blog was read by 86 people and I want to thank you all for taking time to read about my journey.  Now I know that 86 people is not ground breaking numbers and this blog isn't going to become an internet sensation but to me that's a lot of people. I certainly wouldn't get up in front of 86 people and read this out loud! Saying that tho I would love it if this weeks blog hit 100 readers. I am going to need each and everyone of you to help me with this. After you have read this weeks installment can you go back to the Jessie May Facebook page and share the link you followed to your friends. This will mean not only more people will see the link and possibly read my blog but hopefully more donations to an amazing charity. 

Talking of donations, The Different a Day makes fundraising total now stands at £702 that is 23% towards my grand total target. Thank you to everyone that donated this week! If you haven't donated yet and you feel you can please click the link here, this will take you to my Virgin Money Giving page. Now I have to tell you this story and give a shout out to this person.This week I got to speak to a few people about my challenge that I wouldn't have had the chance to meet in other circumstances. Thank you to everyone I spoke to and the encouragement you gave me. On my way out a lady came up to me and gave me some money and said that she hasn't had the chance to sponsor me online, I promised I would make sure i added it to the online page with her name. On my way home i realised that I didn't ask what this ladies name was! 🙈 and I couldn't add her name to the offline donation. I have since found out that the lady was called Tash. If you are reading this, Thank you Tash for you donation! 😊

Back to the running, this week has seen the last of storm Gareth and the start of storm Hannah, this has made running at times very difficult but I have battled on through and got the miles into my legs. I have been making the most of my foam roller and yes I ran a sub 2 hour half marathon this week, i will brag about this more later. It has been sort of an unofficial recovery week as I haven't had to do as many miles as the last few weeks but that is to change this week. I think this coming weeks miles total could be over 40. 

Tuesday 12th March  
Interval training for this morning, this seems to happen every week. I might have to start calling this Interval Tuesdays. Today's plan was to run 12, 2 minute intervals as fast as I can with 12, 1 minutes rests in between each interval. I also did a 10 minute warm up and cool down. So with Clubland 17 blaring in one ear (I still haven't bought a new pair of head phones 😭) I pushed myself to this limit. I covered a total of 6.36 miles in 56 minutes at an average pace of 8.48 minute/miles. I've put a picture up that shows my split times for each 2 minute interval. 

                                       Thursday 14th March
A nice 40 minute gentle run this morning which I would call a recovery run, I think my stats show it. I ran a total of 4.11 miles at an average pace of 9.44 minute/miles. To be fair tho storm Gareth didn't make this run easy at all. It was a very wet and windy run, One minute I was being pushed back then I was being pushed forward by the strength of the wind. I decided to listen to an old school playlist which was called throw Back Party. Now something happened to me on this run that I never thought would. That would be me listening to Vengaboys whilst running but Yep happened!


Sunday 17th March
This week I didn't run with my dad as I was traveling back from London, We had been there visiting friends. This meant that I again didn't get to do Parkrun this week. So on Sunday afternoon after a 2 hour drive back I got my Jessie May purple top on an went out to do a half marathon. So last week I said I wanted to do a sub 2 hour half marathon and I'm proud to say I did just that..........just! Now I did set myself up here and not on purpose, if you have been reading my blogs you will know I am rubbish at pacing myself and I have come up trumps again on this fact. I didn't have my pacer with me so I thought I would go out nice and easy but this landed me up in a situation at the hour mark I have not reached half way stage for miles. I kicked up the pace and went for it but storm Hannah was doing her best to stop me hitting that sub 2 hour time target. Wind and rain pushing against me I  thought I was going to have to admit to your guys that I didn't hit my target but I managed to finish a half marathon in 1 hour 59 minutes and 43 seconds....... that was close! as I write this my legs are killing me even after a foam roller session. My average pace for this run was 9.08 minute/miles. Next Sunday it's a 20 miler which I got to admit I am looking forward to, yes I know I am nuts!

Don't forget you can also follow me on Instagram, just search jm_running_nurse and please make sure you head back to the Facebook link that Jessie May have put up and share this with your friends. Lets get over 100 readers!

Hope you all have a good week, take care 

Steve       








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wind, rain and an app, oh and of course some running!

This week we launched my campaign which is called The Difference a Day Makes. I can not believe the interest it has already attracted, I have booked in to be on Bradley Stoke radio, there has been an article published in the Bristol Evening Post, Bristol TV want to film an interview with me and lots of you have started to donate. I would like to thank each and every person that has donated. I am away on holiday  in Bude writing this and having to use my phone as the laptop can't connect to the internet on the resort that I am staying in.  Tuesday 5th February  Today was a interval training morning, I ran for 55 minutes and covered 5.66 mile at 9.43 minutes/mile. I struggle alot with runners belly (I will let you look that one up for yourselves!) When I do interval or sprint training and this morning was no difference. If anyone has a way of stopping this please leave a comment and let me know. I was listening to one of my podcast today and I have come up with an idea for a new a

15 minutes of fame......well 2 minutes

This week Bristol TV came to interview me about my 24 hour running challenge, the experience was a positive one. Although, having to slowly do my shoe lace up, pretend to have a conversation and drink from a water bottle are all things that become incredible hard when there is a camera filming you. It is safe to say a career in TV is not for me! I have posted the link here so you can have a watch. The main thing is that they have help spread the word about my campaign and I am very grateful to them, hopefully we can work with them after I have completed my 24 hour running challenge to provide an update on how it went. More donations have come in this week, thank you again to everyone that has donated. If you haven't yet donated please follow the link here to my Virgin Money Giving page, honestly even a pound will help as it all goes to the charity Jessie May who provide respite and bereavement support to families of children who are terminally ill.   Tuesday 19th February   

It's almost here and Introducing Georgia

Hi everyone! hope you are all well? Sorry that I have not posted in a while but My family have been through an extremely tough time but don't worry I shall be on that start line in 9 days. This will be my last post before the run and I can't believe how fast this has come around but there is no going back now. I  need to get my butt in gear and start packing my stuff. I will be sending out reminders on my Instagram all next week but just so you are all aware I will be doing a little video after every lap on my Instagram story to keep you all up to date with my progress and how I am feeling. If you don't current follow me on Instagram please search jm_running_nurse and hit the follow button.     Donations over the last week or so has been slowly coming in, The Difference a Day Makes fundraiser total now stands at £1438.44. We are 47% of the way to are target of £3000, it would be amazing to make it to 50% before I start my run. You can do your bit to help me by sha